- CS has limited charitable funds which can be used to provide emergency funding for resident individuals who find themselves in need of urgent financial assistance for which funding cannot be obtained elsewhere.
- Due to limitations in resources, awards are usually in the region of £50 - £500.
- Awards can be made as either a grant or a loan depending on circumstances.
- Funding is not available to pay off credit card debts or to pay for on-going commitments such as rent or a mortgage.
How do I apply for assistance?
- If you require emergency funding you will need to see a CS adviser at the Commercial Street office and complete an application form.
- Awards are made at the discretion of an official of CS and will not normally be provided if the money would be available from another source, for example under the Income Support scheme.
- Although exceptions can be made, applicants are normally expected to have maintained a savings account with CS for at least three months before a loan will be considered.
- Applicants will be expected to show that they have already tried to obtain funding from other sources such as Income Support. For example we will consider references from The Citizens Advice Bureau or Social Services.
- CS can often provide an answer to a request for emergency funding immediately but in any event we will always aim to respond within 2 working days.